Staunton, June 6 – As problems mount for Russian forces in Ukraine, Russians are saying that Putin could have avoided all of them if only before sending troops, he had consulted with Rabinovich, in fact any Rabinovich, the archetypical Jewish figure in so many Soviet anecdotes who speaks the truth in ways no one in the regime wants to hear.
Among the best of the rest offered by Moscow journalist Tatyana Pushkaryova in this week’s collection (publizist.ru/blogs/107374/43091/-) are the following:
· If Jesus Christ’s second coming were to take place in Russia, that miracle would not be followed by a second because after starting a blog and gathering disciples, He would be arrested; and government-controlled polls would show that 90 percent of Russians would favor his execution.
· Some Russians are celebrating that the West is confiscating yachts from Russian oligarchs but they shouldn’t be. After all, this is a case where one thief is stealing from another and then not returning the goods to those from whom they were stolen in the first place.
· Nazi propagandist Joseph Goebbels killed their children after their special operation to de-Bolshevize the USSR failed, but Putin’s are threatening to kill all of humanity after their special operation to de-Nazify Ukraine. How much progress humanity has made!
· Ukrainians are caught in a vicious circle: Moscow says it has to shell more places to counter increased Western arms supplies, and the West says it has to send more arms to Ukraine because Russia is shelling more places.
· Bulgaria, North Macedonia and Montenegro closed their airspace to Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov’s plane forcing him to cancel plans to travel to Serbia. But nothing would have prevented him from taking a regular flight there except that the poor man has forgotten that it is possible to use the planes ordinary people do.
Post a Comment