Staunton, Aug. 16 – In her latest collection of Russian anecdotes, Moscow journalist Tatyana Pushkaryova offers an especially instructive one about the difference between Ukrainians and Russians. According to it, Ukrainians are confident they can defeat Vladimir Putin; but Russians lack any similar conviction (publizist.ru/blogs/107374/43647/-).
Among the best of the rest are the following:
· The different ways Biden and Putin go on vacation tells you everything you need to know about the two regimes. Biden goes with his wife and children and meets with Americans. Putin has no family, no vacation and no compatriots. His only companion is Shoygu.
· Cannibalization of airplanes to keep at least some flying has proven so successful that some Russians are pushing for a new law allowing the cannibalization of people to keep at least a few of them going strong.
· Republic heads are offering more and more money to volunteers who will go to fight in Ukraine. That raises the question: are Russians better off with the war going on for a long time or not? That may not become clear until the end.
· The Ukrainians are the real warmongers. Had they surrendered right away, there would be no war. Even the most brainless Russian patriot understands that.
· Russians want a time machine to go back to 1991. At least then, they had hopes for the future.
· Iran is now supplying Russia with drones to kill Ukrainians, effectively destroying the idea of a Russian world and making relevant the slogan, “autocrats of all countries, unite!”
· The first great victory of Russia’s special military operation in Ukraine has been achieved. Kyiv has removed from its schools all lessons in the Russian languages. That of course means that they were there before the special operation began.