Staunton, March 24 – Russian commentator Boris Grigoryev says there are six questions that Russians should be putting to Putin but that the Kremlin leader who has elevated himself above such petty concerns neither can nor will answer. But only if the people begin asking these questions can they hope to liberate themselves from the television and become free people.
The six questions he argues need to be raised and Putin forced to answer are the following (publizist.ru/blogs/108265/24084/-):
1. “Why in the richest country in the world in terms of natural resources is such an enormous portion of the population poor?”
2. “Why does one percent of Russia’s population own 75 percent of all the property of Russia?”
3. “How is it that all the former friends of Putin have become dollar billionaires?”
4. “Why by level of corruption is our country at the level of the very last countries of the third world?”
5. “Why in Russia are all constitutional rights and freedoms only for bureaucrats” and why are there so many of them?
6. And “why if these problems do not depend on the actions of the Russian president, why then do we need such a president?”