Staunton, Nov. 18 – There is no question that Ukraine by resisting the Russian army and Poland simply by existing are to blame for the rocket that hit a Polish village, Russians say from bitter experience. It is unthinkable that those who actually launched the weapon bear any responsibility at all.
That is just one of the anecdotes reflecting the views of ordinary Russians that Moscow journalist Tatyana Pushkaryova has assembled this week (publizist.ru/blogs/107374/44453/-). Among the best of the rest are the following:
· Dmitry Rogozin, former director of the Russian Space Agency, is now promising that the Russian forces in Ukraine will soon have super weapons that will reverse the course of the war and using language equivalent to that Hitler employed in February 1945.
· Russians who have found any island of stability are now going to be forced to pay property tax on it.
· Russian officials are ignoring Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky’s visit to Kherson, a place that according to the Kremlin is part of Russia, because they can’t do anything about his illegal crossing of the border.
· Russian sign language interpreters are now going to be taught the language of goodwill gestures.
· The head of the Investigation committee wants a report on a broken elevator but not on the public murder of a man with a sledgehammer. The Putin regime is clearly showing its priorities.
· Having eliminated the ideological opponents of the Kremlin’s invasion of the Ukraine by shooting down the Malaysian jetliner, Russian officials are now going after the corrupt people who followed the military into that neighboring country.
· Siberians who have lost husbands and sons in Putin’s war in Ukraine are being given five tons of coal each. At least they won’t be cold in their misery.
· After making other changes at the Presidential Human Rights Council, Putin is going to solidify his position there by appointing Vagner head Yevgeny Prigozhin as its head.