Meanwhile, the Russian Constitutional Accord agreed to allow the World Congress of the Ingush People access to Yevkurov’s appeal. It had been kept confidential, but now the Ingush opponents of the border accord will be able to see it before the November 27 hearing. They have also been invited to attend the court session ( ).
But perhaps the most important development of the last 24 hours was a story by Rosbalt’s Ivan Preobrazhensky who says that a government source has told him that the central government is counting on the November 27 court session to resolve the problem given that all the major participants in the dispute will be present ( ).
According to this source, “the resolution of this issue has already been prepared in Moscow … and will have to be a compromise” among all parties. It must satisfy both Kadyrov and the Ingush opposition, the source said. Yevkurov, he continues, has been sidelined and almost certainly is on his way out as head of Ingushetia.
What that could possibly look like is unclear: Kadyrov isn’t going to want to back down; and neither is the Ingush opposition, although the latter will certainly be pleased if Yevkurov is out. Perhaps the September 26 accord will be scrapped, and a new one, prepared in Moscow, that gives Kadyrov a smaller amount of land from Ingushetia will be put in its place.