Staunton, July 12 – Reacting to reports that Vladimir Putin received the Wagner PMC leader, Russians observe that Prigozhin, who led the mutiny against the Russian defense ministry reached the Kremlin exactly how and when he wanted to in what is the latest act of this particular Russian drama.
This is the latest anecdote Russians are telling each other in response to the dizzying pace of events in their country. It is only one in the latest collection of such stories offered by Moscow journalist Tatyana Pushkaryova (publizist.ru/blogs/107374/46270/-). Among the best of the rest are the following:
· Russia today resembled a theater on fire in which the actors rush around trying to continue to play their roles, the audience watches through smoke and tears and the only one in the theater with a fire extinguisher wants to see the end of the play.
· Aleksandr Prokhanov caught the magic goldfish and said he wanted his country to become a hegemon. The fish, seeing that the Russian nationalist has both an American and a Chinese passport, told him to wait until the special military operation is over and he’ll get his wish.
· The Turkish embassy in Moscow plans to host an exhibition of the knives Erdogan has planted in Putin’s back.
· Russian police are finding guns and hand grenades in the Russian apartment blocks – a clear sign that the federal program, “the special military operation in every yard,” is working.
· It isn’t true that everyone in Russia is for Putin. Some in more remote areas have been drunk for decades and assume Yeltsin is still president.
· Waving a bottle of booze, Dmitry Medvedev threatened to destroy NATO leaders in the evening after he finished it off.