Staunton, Jan. 31 – The latest VTsIOM poll shows that 100 percent of the population of the Russian Federation trusts Putin as well as that the other 46 percent who don’t are now subject to the law on the confiscation of property for those who don’t, according to the latest anecdote circulating in Moscow.
This story is featured in the latest collection of anecdotes assembled by Moscow journalist Tatyana Pushkaryova (publizist.ru/blogs/107374/47660/-). Among the best of the rest are the following:
· The Kremlin says there is no need for real debates because Russia isn’t having a real election and that because that is the case, Putin won’t take part.
· Elon Musk is getting a lot of attention for his reported installation of a chip in the brain of a single individual. But the Kremlin, using television, has already done that in the heads of millions of Russians.
· Opposition candidates are withdrawing their petitions to run after they have had dreams that the vote would be counted at a long, long table strongly resembling Putin’s desk.
· Aleksandr Dugin wants to follow the policies of Cambodian dictator Pol Pot and forcibly deport all the residents of Russian cities to the countryside so they’ll have more babies, buthe forgets that half of those Pol Pot treated in this way died.
· Putin says the Internet has collapsed in Russia because Russians having gained a little extra money have been using it to buy things.
· The Kremlin has plenty of time to give the closest possible attention to what is happening in Ukraine but hasn’t a clue about what is happening in Russia.
· Russian soldiers who had been cohabiting with women before going to their deaths in Ukraine are now going to be declared by the Kremlin to have been married. Approval from Putin is enough.