1. The controversial pension reform will go into effect on January 1.
2. Trash collection will become a consumer-financed communal service also on January 1.
3. The 75th anniversary of the lifting of the blockade of Leningrad will take place on January 27.
4. Russia will gradually make the transition from analogue to digital television between February and June.
5. Russia will release its very off elite off-road vehicle sometime in February or March.
6. The Winter Universiada World Games will take place in Krasnoyarsk March 2-12.
7. Verdicts will be handed down in the case of the two former football players held guilty of violating rules sometime in the first half of the year.
8. Presidential elections will take place in Ukraine on March 31.
9. Vladimir Putin will go to China in April.
10. A new blockbuster film about the Soviet war in Afghanistan is to be released on May 9.
11. As of July 1, contractors won’t be able to collect money from those who are purchasing apartments until the housing is ready.
12. A new arms race will begin when the US formally pulls out of the short and intermediate range rocket accord in August.
13. New license plates, which will tell more about who owns them, will be distributed on August 4.
14. The 2019 WorldSkills Competition will take place in Kazan August 22-27.
15. St. Petersburg will elect a new governor on September 8.
16. The city of Moscow will open a new inner ring road at the end of 2019.
17. Gas pipelines to Europe and Asia will open at the end of 2019.
18. Russia will launch the most powerful icebreaker in the world by the end of 2019.
19. The rail line on the Crimea Bridge will begin operations in December.